You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

What is FAR Infrared?


Sunlight is a combination of visible light and invisible light. The seven colors of the rainbow are visible lights, whereas infrared and ultraviolet rays are invisible spectrum. Far infrared exists as naturally occurring heat. The sun is the primary source of radiant energy, but not all of this energy is beneficial.  Although life needs energy from the sun, too much (or not enough) sunlight is detrimental to the body.  Far infrared heat provides all the healthy benefits of natural sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of UV.  The efficacy of far infrared waves is very broad and the subject of recent study by NASA. Among the infrared waves, far infrared rays, having a wavelength of 8-14 microns, are especially good for the human body. 

Infrared rays are the healthiest wavelength of energy that penetrates deeply into the body (1.5 to 2 inches or more) as harmful substances accumulated in your body are broken down and eliminated. Infrared vitalizes your cells and metabolic activity throughout the body.  When far infrared comes in contact with water molecules (comprising over 70% of our body) these molecules begin to vibrate. This molecular vibration stimulates the release encapsulated gases and other toxic materials. The continuous heat activates the sweat glands. The sweat glands offer one of the mechanisms the body has to eliminate toxins; and since the skin is the largest organ in the human body, it offers the best means for elimination.

FAR Infrared Technology & Comparison

Home Saunas

When you are sitting in a traditional sauna, you are sitting in a hot room; 180-220 degrees that relies on indirect means of heat: first, on convection (air currents) and then, conduction (direct contact of hot air with the skin) to produce its heating effect. In an infrared sauna, only about 20% of the heat goes to heat the air and the other 80% directly heats your body. The warming effect on your body stimulates your cardiovascular system, your immune system and your lymphatic system. Your body's response is to sweat.  When you first get into the sauna you may start to perspire right away because of the room temperature. After about 10-15 minutes you will start sweating profusely as your body responds to the heat. You will actually sweat more at lower temperatures in an infrared sauna than in a traditional rock sauna. Also, studies show that sweat from a traditional sauna contains about 3% toxins where sweat from your far infrared sauna contains about 17%. The detoxifying and deep penetrating heat from infrared makes it very effective.


Book an appointment with New Health Chiropractic



We use the IDEAL PROTEIN weight loss method!

Please visit our site Ideal BODY for more info or click book now!

THIS ---->https://newhealthnycom.chiromatrixbase.com/services/far-infrared-heat-therapy.html

Office Hours

Tuesdayby app'tby app't
Thursdayby app't4pm-8pm
Day Morning Afternoon
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
9am-1pm by app't 9am-1pm by app't 9am-3pm 9am-12pm CLOSED
3pm-6pm by app't 3pm-6pm 4pm-8pm CLOSED


When your back goes "out" it's impossible to be able to function physically. Dr Nick has come to my rescue many times! His genuine concern is refreshing. I recommend New Health Chiropractic to anyone wanting better back health

Vanessa Miller
Hamburg, NY

Newsletter Sign Up